sizzling foods

Wednesday, January 1, 2014

CarrotKand

Hi Friends! Wishing you Happy New Year 2014 ☺ I’m a food lover and I love cooking so much, from today on-wards I’ll share with you some of my sizzling recipes. Most of the recipes are experimental. Today is 1st Jan of 2014 and obviously my 1st recipe will be a sweet dish ☺ 

Guy’s! My 1st recipe is “CarrotKand” and I hope all you like it.

Time required: Less than 15 minutes.

Ingredients:
● 2 cups chhena (an Indian cottage cheese) or farmer's cheese  ● 1 cup sugar  ● 1 cup mawa  ● ½ cup grated carrot  ● ½ tsp cardamom pd.  ● ½ tsp ghee  ● 2 tbsp (table spoons) chopped kaju or cashew  

Procedure:
Step 1: Mash the chhena (an Indian cottage cheese) or farmer's cheese very well.

Step 2: Heat ghee in a pan and little fry the kaju.


Step 3: Heat the chhena (an Indian cottage cheese) or farmer's cheese in a thick bottom pan. Cook on medium heat with constant stirring till the chhena become thick and starts leaving the sides of the pan.

Step 4: Add the mawa, sugar, carrot and cook some more, till there is no excess liquid, but mixture is wet consistency.

Step 5: Turn off your gas. Add the kaju, cardamom and transfer to mould or serving dish and leave to set.

Step 6: Cool it and cut it in squares or whatever shape you like.

Now your “CarrotKand” is ready to serve.


Please do this recipe at your home and let me know how it is.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...